Saturday, July 20, 2013

Who Are You?




 I am not being defined by what is happening to me, but how I am getting through it. That will be the person I become tomorrow.  I intentionally have rephrased this to the present for you to see what it is saying with different eyes. 

We can be going along just fine in our ordinary lives until the extraordinary happens.  It's unexplainable and unimaginable. It's not going to go away by wishing you could start the day over again.  There typically will be no redo's in life. 

In the flash of a second you will choose.  There is no time to think or form a plan.  This choice will be automatic.  It could bring life or it could bring death.

What is the foundation of your life built on?  Who can you go to and trust with your most intimate secrets?  Who fills your empty spots?  Who are you?  I  think these are some very good questions to think about.  
  
If you are walking through life thinking nothing will ever happen to you.  Then you need a back up plan with that one, because life happens in the blink of an eye.  I know because that is what happened to me.

One moment I'm at work where finishing a project was the main thing on my mind.  Seven miles away a trigger is pulled on a high powered gun.  In the blink of an eye a life is taken.  My daughter is gone.   There will be no more   swinging on the tire swing at school with her best friend Summyr.  There will be no more rocking in the rocking chair with my daughter on my lap enjoying a moment in time.

I am so thankful that I don't just have a religion with God.  I have a relationship with God.  I talk to him every day.  He is my refuge, strength, faith and hope.  He is oxygen to me.  I just call on his name and he hears me and covers me with his grace and mercy in to another day.

Another day begins and joy comes with the sunrise.



Walking By Faith,

Deb 





 

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I can't even imagine how you survived, let alone thrived and loved to share with other people. Your open and tender heart is amazing. You know how these words resonate with me right now, with all that we are going through. Hugs to you my special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, We never expect to have to hear "those" words, do we? The ones that take our breath away. I have gone through so many emotions and conversations with God over the years. It all comes back to the plaque that Bethany hung way up high in her room one day. It said to "Trust In God." May the prayers from my heart overflow to yours and may God rain down His favor over you and your family. My love to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete