Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Aaron's Story

Aaron is a friend of ours who has a beautiful "Victory" life story.  I asked him to write his testimony and then for permission to share it with all of you.  Jerry and I know Aaron from our Gunnison days where we attended the same Church.  I remember Aaron and some other of our College Students with great respect.  They would go on mission's trips and come back to share the most heart moving/changing stories of their experience with tears running down their cheeks!!  It was beautiful to see them change and evolve in to who God wanted them to be!  Jerry and I grew so much in the area of "service" through these stories.  It fired us up to "want" to help others and to encourage others to make a difference.  Our Mission Field wasn't out of the Country but, in our own town.

Aaron starts his story with a little medical history of what he's going through.  He has some health issues that I'm believing by faith Aaron and God will overcome.  (I felt that it was a part of the story that was personal, so I chose to leave it out, with respect)........Please join with me and pray for complete healing in Aaron's body............"Thank you so much!!!  May God speak to you through the reading of this story.              Walking by Faith, Deb


Aaron's story:

My weight gain journey began about 10 yrs ago. Depression had set in and I was doing a lot of sleeping and eating. I got a job with the County a few yrs into my depression, which cured a bunch of my depressionbut I threw myself into my job and not only did I become physically lazy I also became spiritually lazy. It got to a point where I was just going through the motions. It has only been in the last yr where I've actually started living for the Lord again. Not that I was drunken, party going person, but I wasn't living for Him. I was living for myself.

About 4 yrs ago, I had ballooned to 285lbs! On the verge of being a diabetic at the age of 31, I decided I needed to act fast! So, I completely changed my diet of fast food consumption of at least 5x's a week to zero and to cut out my regular soda consumption. I also added swimming at the YMCA at least once a day if not twice a day for at least an hour. Yes, in the beginning I struggled, but when you can't put your shoes on without the help of a shoehorn at the age of 30 and bending over to tie your shoes takes the wind out of you...you know quitting isn't an option! It took me 3 yrs to accomplish my ideal weight of 180lbs and I've maintained it for a little over a yr now. I am focusing more on building muscle mass now.

I would love to be able to move back to Colorado, particularly Colorado Springs or Gunnison, but the job market for my job experience in parole and probation is hard to come by in both areas. With my medical issues, I need a job with good medical insurance that's particularly why I want to stick with a government job too. In the mean time, I am comfortable living where I am in OKC, waiting on the Lord's timing to bring me back to Colorado. I have 2 dogs which are a handful, but I love them both!
No wife, no girlfriend...which I am at peace.

I am attending a non-denominational Christ-centered based church which I like. Lots to get involved with. I was attending a Calvary Chapel for the past 11 yrs but switched a little over a yr ago. I have nothing bad to say about the particular CC, but I felt I needed a change and a Christian counselor who I went to see about 8 yrs ago who the Lord used to help me overcome much of my depression was/is on staff at the church which I attend now. So, that's the main reason on how I ended up at Crossings Community Church.


Blessings,

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment