Friday, February 22, 2013

What Is Normal?

I've had a couple conversations lately with a couple of new friends who have told me they don't have a testimony.  There was really nothing in their lives that was that much.  As we continued our conversation and the events of their lives unfolded my mouth literally drops open and I am standing in amazement at what I have just heard!  Some things just become "normal" after awhile, don't they?

There were deliverances from many addictions and poor life choices, they should not be alive, or at the very least they should have been born with some health issues, they lived in unhealthy family situations, there was a death of a child and the victory from that death............the stories went on and on.............

Lord, I stand in awe.......again and again I stand in amazement at the wonders of your love for us!  You prove yourself over and over again in our lives.  YOU are present even when we don't feel your presence.  As I heard these testimonies I am so humbled and so honored to hear them from these woman's hearts.  I see and I hear their pain, but also their joy in how you Lord, have seen them through when they maybe lost their joy........... you were there to restore them.  I heard the peace they now have. 

My desire has always been that the death of my daughter Bethany would make a difference.  That someones life would be changed, relationships restored, forgiveness given, hope renewed.  God has done that and more!!  So, with that on my mind, I asked one of the women if the death of her child had made a difference.  Wow!!!!!  Once again, God showed up BIG.............several people accepted Christ as their Lord, lives were changed and encouraged through watching this family go through this great tragedy in their lives. 

Amazing Grace how sweet it is.............there are stories to be told............and I am here to hear them!!!!


Walking by Faith,

Deb

3 comments: