Those of you who are reading this blog probably already know a little of my history and faith walk over the years since the loss of our beautiful daughter Bethany at the young age of eight. I've read and heard many peoples testimonies where they say "I am so glad that I have the testimony I do. I wouldn't change a thing because of the power of it." I've really thought about that.......to be honest with you.......I can't say that. I'm a Mother who would love to have her daughter back to hug on, kiss on and to hold her hand. I still remember how to do a mean french braid!!!! :) I miss doing that for Bethany!
I miss our laughter together and her silly jokes I had heard over and over again, but I played along. She would throw her head back laughing and laughing that she'd gotten her Mom again!!! Or the time that Brian, Paul, Bethany and I went up to the beaver ponds. I brought clothes along for everyone but me...........yes, I was the one who fell in to the water and had to drive all the way home with a blanket wrapped around me praying that I wouldn't get pulled over and try to explain why I was wrapped all up in a blanket!!! LOL!!!!
This past week memories have flooded my mind. Some good and some not so good. Both bring tears to my eyes and a pain in my heart that will never be completely the same again. This is all a part of living and all the events that happen in our lives make us who we are today. We do have a choice through it all though. We can choose a life of bitterness and say God, why did this happen? We were good people. We served you as best we could and knew how to do. How many times have I heard......BUT..........we tithe!!!!! Like that is some card we hold to pass on the bad stuff and waltz on to collect our $200 as we pass GO!!!!!
What I am so thankful for is a faithful God who has preserved our family through the "bad stuff." We are survivors only because of God who was with us even when we didn't "feel" his presence. (2 Cor. 12:9-10) If I have enough faith in my God then I will trust that he is always there right when I need him because his word tells me that he is an on time God! "I will make all things beautiful in my time." (Eccl. 3:11) Our testimony has impacted I couldn't tell you how many lives. God has honored that request.......that through Bethany's death it would make a difference. With my whole heart I am so thankful to God for that!!
Because of all that I have experienced with God through his rescuing and delivering me I know God is who he says he is and he will do what he says he will do...........in his time.........because he knows the future and I do not!!! He is my God and I will hold on tightly when the storms come by......and they do come.
Will God find me faithful? Will he find you faithful? It's our choice. Sweet times will come again......just differently. Strength, faith, hope, and even peace will come again. God's word says to cast all your cares on him.......he wants our burdens to be light. (Ps. 55:22)
God has a plan and a purpose for your life(Jer. 29:11).......seek him for it. Maybe he has already told you......act on it........just start moving..........(I think I remember seeing some footprints in the sand the other day at the beach.........)
Walking by Faith,
Deb
As a mother, I can't even begin to fathom your tremendous loss and the echo of pain it must leave in your heart. There is no "getting over" this kind of loss. What is amazing is how you have determined to face forward and keep loving God so wholly, Deb. You have always amazed me in this way. When I'm tempted to wallow in self-pity about what life has thrown towards me, your example reminds me to, instead, lift it up to God and trust in his ability to carry me through. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteJulie, thank you so much for your comment. I am reminded of a Beth Moore study I did awhile back. When a tragedy comes and it is allowed to run its course. It will be used for a greater testimony in the lives of others. It will never be wasted. Praise God!!
ReplyDelete