Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Day Today........

Don't you love the start of a brand new day?  It's a day to start over, or a day to finish something, or a day to start something new.  This day has the potential to be whatever you want it to be.  You are in control........right?  You have a choice.  BUT the question is are you willing to turn this day over to God?  I don't know about you, but I have a very hard time of letting go.  I feel the job can't really be done without my hand in it.  Have I ever been wrong!!!!  LOL!!!!  Through doing things my way they don't turn out so well and I really struggle and get frustrated.  I've noticed a trend though.  When I invite God in to my day from the very beginning I get a lot more done and I'm even more content.  Proven fact over and over again........sometimes I can be a very slow learner!!!!  :)

This morning, even though I did not want to get up early.  I just wanted to roll over and get one more hour of sleep in so I would have a full eight hours of sleep.  I think that's good sound reason for not getting up, don't you?  I was just laying my head back down and settling down on my pillow and started praying as God placed people on my heart to pray for  and I got like this jolt of energy (I started to say from I don't know where, BUT I do know it was a jolt of the Holy Spirit!!)  So I listened to it and got up.  I'm a morning person so some of you maybe can't relate to this, but I do love the early morning sounds of a city waking up.  I could hear a train off in the distance, birds wings fluffing, cooing from the doves, cars driving by, a door slamming, voices from a distance.  I could go on and on. 

Then I love the visual light changes of the day as the sun is coming up so radiant.  It's still cool here on a Arizona morning so my windows and doors are open to let in the fresh air and cooling breezes while I can do that.  Hearing the sounds and seeing the birth of a brand new day makes me smile.  This day is going to be a good day. 

I am reminded of this scripture:  "Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.  Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.  Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.  For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise.........
Psalm 96:1-4a

What is your song today?  What will you do with this brand new day?  How will you celebrate your life?  How can you make a difference in someones life today?  These are good questions..........By the end of the day God and I will have the answers!!!

Blessings and love to you all.........

Walking by Faith,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE the early morning hours. I get up at 5:30 just so I can have until 6:45 when I know I have to start packing lunches and making breakfast. I journal, read a little, read my quiet time book-- get my thoughts and emotions and heart in the right place and watch the sky get lighter with the dawn. It's my most favorite time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to smile (behind my hand, of course!) when I hear people say.....don't talk to me until I've had my first cup of coffee!!! Now, what's in their coffee that's not in mine? Hmmmmmm??????

    ReplyDelete